Monday, April 25, 2011

Juicing: Fail

Fast forward 4 weeks and I've learned two things. I HATE challenges and I am addicted to juicing.
Amanda and I lasted one, make that 3/4 of a day on the juice challenge. This is how it went down. We juiced breakfast and lunch perfectly. Then me, being chronically addicted to working out came up with the idea of an afternoon hike. The suns was out, the birds were chirping and I was on a fruit/veggie high. 4 miles into the hike Amanda and I couldn't stop talking about food. Everything from her vegan dish to this amazing new key lime frozen delight we had just discovered a few weeks prior. By mile 6 we were in full blown starvation mode. I, yes I will take full responsibility for initiating the demise of the juice fast, cleanse, hell, whatever you want to call it. Needless to say she chimed right in, as well as, my husband Lonnie. We decided we'd finish our hike and re-evaluate.
The second we got home we jumped into the car and away we went to Albertsons to round up all the ingredients to make Amanda's vegan zucchini dish.
Case in point: you can't live on juice and workout.
However, this month I've fallen in love with our purchase of the Jack LaLanne juicer. It's simply brilliant. Almost every morning I juice my antioxidant fruit juice after my first two morning clients. It gives me a serious boost of energy, my skin has never been better and it tastes like I'm sipping straight vitamins.
I love that I can laugh at myself. I love that I can completely fail and not hate myself for it. I love getting to know myself. And I for sure love pie.

We're working on our next challenge. This time- A more realistic challenge. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment